So much has happened in the last 365 days and everything that I had known as my “LIFE” this time last year has changed.
I live in a new house in a new city.
I have a new job and have already received a new promotion.
I have new friends and new social circles.
My daughter is graduated and in college and has new friends and a new boyfriend.
Even my car is different!
Some changes were dramatic and forced upon me with tears and anger, but all seem to have happened for the better. Money has been really tight for us this past year but I think that is because of moving and this crazy world we all live in.
I HAVE GREAT HOPE FOR 2014!
This year will be me taking control of my life and my decisions.
I don’t believe in making resolutions as much as I believe in making new goals for myself, and the start of the new year seems like a great time for self-reflection and making changes in our lives for the best.
So without further adieu….. My Goals for 2014!
- I am going to start walking again. I never felt more centered and happy as I did when I walked every day. Starting out small I would like to at minimum walk 2-3 times a week.
- I will ride my bike more. I love that bike and she has been way too lonely lately.
- I will make more meals at home. Healthy and fresh meals! I am going to try and eat out only once a week. If you know me, you know this is hard!
- I am learning yoga this year! It has been on my list for awhile and it is happening this year!
- I am going to read a new book a month but would love to get time to read a book a week.
You can find me at Goodreads.com.
- I am going to work on paying off all of our medical bills and then start tackling my student loans. This will give me so much peace of mind!
- I am going to cut our bills down and get rid of the extra things that we really don’t need. Simple is best!
- I just received a promotion that started today! I am the new Web Designer at my company. I want to take as many Lynda.com classes and read as many design books and trade magazines that I can to further my graphic design and web design/development skills.
- Get more involved with work related activities and networking.
- I want to keep up with a sketchbook like I did in college. I know it will be tough but I want to get to where I am sketching everyday. I think this will not only further my drawing abilities but will help me grow as an artist.
- I will learn how to use watercolors. I love how free spirited and dreamlike they are.
- I will start collaging and art journaling. It looks like so much fun and such a cool effect!
- I will blog more this year! I am going to start by writing a blog post a week and then see what writing style works best for me. I don’t want to feel like writing is a chore.
- I am going to write more in my personal journal. Keep track of the wonderful thing going on in my life this year.
- I am going to spend more quality time with my family.
- We will go on trips to places we have never gone before.
So that’s it…. the list isn’t long but I believe it will help me on the road to happiness and peace of mind.
HAPPY NEW YEARS MY FRIENDS!
Do you make New Years Resolutions?
Do you have any special goals for this year?
What major changes did you have this past year?